This Painting the Sacred Within Episode is the perfect Companion to the Introduction in our book! All of these lessons will help you get to know us more deeply. You’ll receive 8 Studio Chats in which Mati and Faith discuss painting topics, from creating a series to finding inspiration and staying on your creative toes. You’ll receive studio visit videos, videos of us chatting about our favorite supplies, along with bits of beauty and inspiration for your studio practice!
Video and Content Includes:
- Hello & Welcome: Video from Mati & Faith!
- Welcome & a Gift for YOU
- Greeting videos from Faith & Mati
- Studio Visits With Faith & Mati
- What you’ll need in your studio
- Video: Mati & Faith’s Favorite Supplies
- A Blessing & An Invitation
- Inspiration : Fear and Creativity
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 1: How to Finish, Hang and Launch artwork
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 2: How to Price, Sell and Know when work is Done!
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 3: How to Stay Authentic to Oneself in this Social Media Era
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 4: How to Create a Series of Paintings
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 5: Bringing Narrative into your work
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 6: How to create a Successful Abstract painting
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 7: Staying Inspired
- Mati & Faith: Studio Chat 8: Our Book Backstory Behind the Scenes
- Inspiration :: What do People Thank you For?
- Mati visits Faith’s Studio: a short tour
- Daring Day Share
- Mati’s Interview with Faith About Painting
- Celebration & Diving Deeper
INTRODUCTION & WELCOME: STUDIO VISITS AND OUR FAVORITE SUPPLIES
[ PAINTING THE SACRED WITHIN: THE INTRODUCTION EPISODE]
A MONTHS WORTH OF VIDEO PAINTING LESSONS AND INSPIRATION DELIVERED TO YOU AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY MONTH!
Available Now/Yours to Keep Forever
ABOUT OUR TEACHERS:
MATI ROSE MCDONOUGH is an artist and daring adventurer whose name is pronounced Matey, like Ahoy! She is an Oakland, California based artist, illustrator, painting teacher and author of “Daring Adventures in Paint”. After wanting to be an artist for many years, but feeling like it was “impractical,” at 29 years Mati took the leap and went back to art school at the California College of the Arts. Almost 10 years later, she is still excited and terrified every time she sees a blank canvas. She has had dozens of art shows, taught painting classes internationally and had her art used by clients Patagonia, University Games, Pier 1, as well as greeting cards, and her very own home decor line. She also has illustrated several children’s books including “i carry your heart” written by ee cummings.
Through her workshops,book, and popular online course, she spreads a warm message of creative courage: IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO SHOW THE WORLD YOUR MAGIC.