This Painting the Sacred Within Episode is the perfect companion to Chapter 5 in our book! Here we flesh out the lessons for you in long start to finish painting demo videos, where we want you to feel like you are painting right along with us! All of these lessons will help you go deeper into the topic of Building a Focal Point in your layered paintings. With tips & tricks, daring day inspirational prompts and 6 long start to finish painting demo videos by Faith & Mati, we’ll dive deeply into this topic exploring creative techniques with acrylic, how to begin a painting, build up light layers creating rich depth and density in your work. You’ll finish this episode with so many new skills to add to your “toolbox” to pull out when you are in the studio expanding your painting practice!
Video and Content Includes:
- Painting Demo Video: First Layers (Faith)
- Painting Demo Video: First Layers (Mati)
- Painting Demo Video 1: Building up some Light Layers (Faith)
- Painting Demo Video 2: Building a Symmetrical Focal Point (Faith)
- Painting Demo Video: Building a Focal Point (Mati)
- Inspiration: Art; a Music Video
- Bonus Video: Fun Compositional Elements (Mati)
- Inspiration: To Do List
- Inspiration: Show The World Your Magic
- Painter Interview: Alena Hennessy
- Inspiration: Guest Post on Meditation
- Inspiration: Do Something you’ve Never Done Before
- Plus you’ll receive the BONUS Episode: “Getting to Know Faith & Mati: Our Favorite Supplies, Studio Visits and Studio Chats.” A months worth of content free with this Episode!
FINDING YOUR CENTER: BUILDING A FOCAL POINT
[ PAINTING THE SACRED WITHIN: EPISODE 5]
A MONTHS WORTH OF VIDEO PAINTING LESSONS AND INSPIRATION DELIVERED TO YOU AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY MONTH!
Available Now/Yours to Keep Forever
This Painting the Sacred Within Episode is the perfect companion to Chapter 5 in our book Painting the Sacred Within!
ABOUT OUR TEACHERS:
MATI ROSE MCDONOUGH is an artist and daring adventurer whose name is pronounced Matey, like Ahoy! She is an Oakland, California based artist, illustrator, painting teacher and author of “Daring Adventures in Paint”. After wanting to be an artist for many years, but feeling like it was “impractical,” at 29 years Mati took the leap and went back to art school at the California College of the Arts. Almost 10 years later, she is still excited and terrified every time she sees a blank canvas. She has had dozens of art shows, taught painting classes internationally and had her art used by clients Patagonia, University Games, Pier 1, as well as greeting cards, and her very own home decor line. She also has illustrated several children’s books including “i carry your heart” written by ee cummings.
Through her workshops,book, and popular online course, she spreads a warm message of creative courage: IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO SHOW THE WORLD YOUR MAGIC.