1. 30 years on this earth.
2. a cute as pie boyfriend… soon to be husband… who is extremely smart and artistically talented and makes me good food and takes care of me in the ways i need.
3. a loving crafty pants mom who is very strong and beautiful.
4. a wonderful little brother named andrew…almost 16. he’s awesome and brave. he’s going to spain this year!
5. an exceptionally funny and beautiful sister named jesse who is two weeks younger than me (were steps). so many childhood mems.
6. a smart and funny stepdad named michael who introduced me to literature (he’s an english prof) and maybe even taught me to read? i probably wouldn’t gone to college, definately not the college i went to, with out him. (i remember he said, he’d be proud if i went to macalester… and so it was).
7. a sadness and acceptance about my biological father who died when i was 1 year 1/2, and was even younger than me. he was an artist and i think i must have inherited it. since i was little his loss has made me appreciate every day more and strive to be present.
8. a gourgeous witty best friend named bekah who makes jewelery, me laugh and is going to be a child welfare lawyer or something kickass like that!
9. i have so many wonderful people… mostly women… in my life who i love and love me so.
10. kate walsh cunnane grounds me and makes tasty pie and gives me sweet hand me downs and models good behavior…. like domestic living.
11. jessie elizabeth rogers has made so many journies in time and space with me and is my sister of transition and growth.
12. kara bunte is a fabulous dancer, storyteller and friend i don’t see enough of!
13. sabrina is my birthday sister and artistic role model and inspiration for spilling it all to find truth.
14. donna lee roy is a kindred spirit and a role model for being a young creative soulful mom.
15. donna lee… of maine is like my aunt and beautiful and real.
16. kate randalph is my walking and talking up the hills and figuring it out of life and love.
17. monica is my older un-related sister whose exuberance and songs fill me.
18. kendra is my organic gardener, northern californian native, amazing cook and passionate about what is righteous in the world.
19. grateful for all my exes who opened all those doors of knowledge.
20. grateful for a place to put my gratefuls.
21. grateful for pat murphy my life coach who listens so.
22. grateful for my grammie who passed when i was five, but i remember her love vividly.
23. grateful for all my new san francisco friends… art school and otherwise making our own new paths.
24. grateful for stef and supporting each other building our dreams bit by bit, even if we hardly see each other in person!
25. grateful for hugh’s family and what’s to come.
26. grateful for people i’ve met traveling and their kindness and stories.
27. grateful for my co-workers throughout life, even the crazy bosses, who taught me how not to be.
28. grateful for today.
29. grateful for paint.
30. grateful for all the people i forgot to give a shout out to because this was very spontaneous and piece meal and you all have made me who i am. i know i’ll be kicking myself for not including you! and at the same time it’s a risk because i do want to specifically say i am grateful for certain people today. (like jamie hogan… you are an artist role model and real family, thank you!) also i am grateful for being able to be more of who i am and i’m not going to apologize for my over the top genuineness which probably makes me sound un-cool. the 30’s for me are about shedding being “cool” and hiding behind that and being more me.