THE DARING ADVENTURE COMMUNITY & HOW THIS WORKS:
Each weekday of the set weeks you will receive a new post! Participants will have the opportunity to make comments and ask questions each week on the topic area. We will also have a safe, private Facebook group for more discussion + sharing. Participants are encouraged to post images of their painting progress in the group (visible only to fellow participants) and leave questions + feedback for their classmates.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
*Will there be videos?
YES we will have inspiring weekly demo videos!
1. Who is this course geared towards?
Anyone who wants to flex their creative muscles, be inspired and explore painting, collage and practice being more daring in their lives.
2. When does the class start?
Right now! You can have access to the entire course immediately!
3. Do I need the book Daring Adventures in Paint to do the course?
Not at all! They compliment each other, but are not necessary.
4. If I have Daring Adventures in Paint is this course relevant?
Yes! It will be its own experience and an opportunity to work through the course material and deepen into the exercises and ideas! Feel free to order it, as it will only compliment the course!
5. How do I pay?
You will be paying for the course through Paypal. Paypal automatically converts currency for you.
6. Is there a deadline for signing up?
Because we will have the course environment open for 6 months after it ends to soak up the material, we will keep registration open for a few weeks.
7. Can you give me a general description of how the course works?
The course is structured in weekly increments. Each week will include an introduction by Mati Rose, a demonstration on the topic for the week, information, food for thought, inspiring interviews, technique tips, and of course, painting! Participants can comment and ask questions in the course environment, and they have a week to finish the weekly assignment. Participants will post a photo or scan of the progress they’ve made on their painting for the week.
8. Do I need to have taken a painting class to sign up?
Nope! Beginners most welcome.
9. I’m an established artist, will this course be relevant for me?
Yes, if you feel called to take this course it is for you! It is for anyone who is open to exploring their creative practice and for an inspiration jump start! This course is accessible to beginners and advanced artists alike. We will be discussing how to tap more fully into your own creativity and Mati Rose’s approach to painting.
10. What will I need?
- scanner or camera to capture images of your paintings if you want to share them!
- email address
- Acrylic Paint— specific materials will be covered at the beginning of each week & are always optional. It’s not important to have the exact right stuff, just to create as much as possible!
- Paper & gel medium for collage
- Canvases or Painting surfaces
- Time to be inspired & create (a few hours a week)
Here’s a link to Mati Rose’s Store for her favorite supplies!
11. Will Mati Rose offer technical instruction on how to paint as part of this course?
Yes! She will be covering a wide array of topics from how to begin paintings, create collages, image transfers and fun techniques like silver leaf!
12. What can I expect to get out of this course?
You will get:
- inspiration to paint
- video demos
- weekly exclusive interviews with artists in the field
- a community of folks exploring painting along with you
- instruction on technique
- a place to ask questions and get responses from Mati Rose
- feedback from your peers
13. What if I enroll in the course and I don’t complete any paintings?
In an ideal world we’d be painting all the time, but simply by showing up and taking this course, you will stretch your creativity and hopefully be inspired in life!
14. Do I have to check into the class at specific times?
You do not have to check into the class at specific times. You can access the week’s assignments when your schedule permits. We’d love it if everyone checked into the course environment and read updated material several times a week, but we realize this isn’t possible for everyone. This is great news for anyone living outside the US — time differences don’t matter!
15. Will other people see my paintings?
Only if you choose to! The course will include a private Facebook group where those taking the class can post their own work and view the work of others in the class. We do encourage everyone who signs up and participates in the class to share the work that they make for the class. Sharing your work is an important part of the process of learning to paint and being daring. That said, mean, critical comments will not be tolerated in the course environments. We hope to create a safe and positive environment for sharing work.
16.Will I get direct feedback from Mati Rose?
This class is not designed for regular individual feedback. She will be commenting on a select number of paintings each week that everyone in the course can learn from. If you ask specifically for instructor feedback, Mati will do her best to comment on your painting.
17. I have a question about the course you didn’t answer. What should I do?
You can email us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible!
18. How long does the course stay open after it ends?
It will be open for 6 months after the course starts.
19. Do you offer refunds?
No refunds. Due to the nature of the course with passwords given at the time of purchase, it is not possible to offer refunds. Thank you for understanding.