1. it’s really simple really, to paint is to trust to believe in our instincts; to become.
2. painting is an investigation of being.
4. painting is an act of devotion. a practiced witnessing of the human spirit.
5. paintings are about: paint, observation & thought.
10. light is the true home of painting.
13. painting, like water takes form. paint is a film of pigment on a plane. it is not real in a way gravity bound sculpture is real. it is however real. painting comes to reality through illustion which allows us to make a leap of faith; to believe. to believe in a blue which can be a wing of a bug or a thought. it makes our invisible visible.
found scrawled onto notes of mine so pardon punctuation and lack of accuracy to the source.